Virtual Desk Jobs is seeking for someone to fill the position of a Surgical Coder to work remotely in the U.S.
Facility Outpatient and Surgery coding (Ambulatory/Same Day Surgery), including Emergency Room, E&M, and Observations. Must be able to maintain the following productivity standards: OP 6-7 charts per hour, ER 13-14 charts per hour, and OBS 3-4 charts per hour.
Review medical records to identify pertinent diagnoses and procedures relative to the patient’s healthcare encounter.
Select the principal diagnosis and principal procedure, along with other diagnoses and procedures using UHDDS definition.
Ensure appropriate DRG assignment.
Abstract appropriate information from the medical record based on the guidelines provided by the client and after a thorough review of the medical record.
Solicit clarification from the physician regarding ambiguous or conflicting documentation in the medical record using guidelines provided by the client.
May act as a mentor to training coders and/or new hires by providing education and training.
Participate in Coding Roundtables through presentation of materials, articles and current issues related to coding and Health Information Management.
Maintain current knowledge of the information contained in the Coding Clinic, CPT Assistant, and the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting.
Maintain effective and professional communication skills.
Contributes to a positive company image by exhibiting professionalism, adaptability and mutual respect.
Assist in working the QA queue for their assigned client when requested.
PAY: $23.75 per hour; DOE
Medical, Dental, Vision
0 days PTO, three weeks of paid time off (120 hours) annually, and
seven paid holidays annually
Job-related education reimbursement
APPLY TO BECOME A MEDICAL CODING AGENT:
Then reference agent ID code VDJTanyaPhilip.
Please contact us directly to discuss remote medical coding job openings at (405) 494-0214.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Computer, Internet, and a home office set-up.
• Minimum of 2 years of OP, ED, and E&M coding experience. 5 years will be considered in lieu of credential.
• Must be CPC, CCS, RHIT or RHIA certified.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of related coding experience; 5-7 years is preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT coding principles and guidelines, reimbursement systems, federal, state and payer-specific regulations and policies pertaining to documentation, coding and billing.
• Understands medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, surgical technology, pharmacology, and disease processes.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must pass a coding proficiency test and complete the client’s exam before being eligible for interview.