This position reports to the Manager of Risk Adjustment Coding. As a member of the Risk Adjustment team, the Outpatient Risk Coder works remotely in collaboration with hospitalists and hospital staff with opportunities for improved quality, risk adjustment coding performance. The Outpatient Risk Coder is a valuable resource in process improvement and identifying clinically appropriate risk adjusting conditions to capture. Must possess the ability to work independently with strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills to support the management of multiple priorities, at multiple practice locations, with significant attention to detail for completion of both verbal and written external communications.
- Review outpatient medical record information on both a retroactive and prospective basis to identify, assess, monitor and document claims and encounter coding information as it pertains to risk adjustment
- Ensure that the diagnosis codes for each chronic or major medical condition have been captured and submitted within the permitted timeframe
- Assess adequacy of documentation of claims and query outpatient provider claims to obtain additional medical record documentation or to clarify documentation to ensure accurate and appropriate coding
- Audit provider documentation ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes to ensure adherence with CMS Risk Adjustment guidelines
- Participate in departmental and physician network performance improvement initiatives.
- Safeguards medical records and preserves the confidentiality of personal health information through the observance of physician network policies pertinent to the release of medical record information, record retention, and HIPAA privacy and security.
- Performs other duties as requested.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Familiarity and understanding of CMS HCC Risk Adjustment coding and data validation requirements.
- Computer literacy of medical information system, records management software, encoders.
- Advanced knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding required.
- Proficiency in MS office (outlook, excel, word).
- Knowledge of federal and state guidelines on all coding systems and sponsored programs
- Professional interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Attentive to detail and organization with ability to work with strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: able to effectuate areas of opportunity to providers and practices as well as leadership.
- Strong sense of diplomacy and ability to work under pressure.
- Associate degree in healthcare or equivalent work experience.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Risk Coder (CRC).
- 2-3 years of experience in outpatient coding preferred.
Compensation: $17 - $30 per hr.
To Become A Member:
Please visit mommyjobsonline.com and click on Join Now. You will need select the Medical Coding WAH Job Bank Registry to become a lifetime member to get connected with this client to begin their hiring process. Please email us your resume after you register with your qualifications and work history.
Please reference agent id code MJOLrecruiterkatefoster8@gmail.com on your registration submission.
Mommy Jobs Online is accepting pre-screening interviews, so please call 1-405-418-6160 and ask for Kimberly.
Jobseeker Live Chat - https://tawk.to/chat/5bd13d86476c2f239ff5dd42/default
Tags: Accounting, Customer Service, Design Developer, Editing,Healthcare, HR, IT
Marketing, Project Manager, QA, Sales, Teaching, Transcription, Virtual Assistant, Writing, Other
Internet Computer and home office setup
Office skills and Able to follow detailed instructions