Inpatient Hospital Coding Compliance Auditor
The Inpatient Hospital Coding Compliance Auditor will provide expert auditing services across various hospitals for Inpatient services. Review documentation and related coding of inpatient services, auditing correct assignment of ICD - 10 - CM / PCS to verify coding and billing accuracy and that coders base code assignment in a manner consistent with relevant laws, regulations, coding and billing standards. This individual will provide education to coders on audit results, utilize expertise to research and respond to challenging coding questions, develop and provide coding education and evaluate audit results to recommend corrective actions. The individual will have the expertise to respond to client requests to conduct ad hoc coding and billing audits.
- Perform coding compliance and quality audits in support of our compliance program and client expectations
- Analyze and interpret documentation from medical records
- Clearly document audit findings and calculate billing error rates
- Provide feedback and education as appropriate depending on findings
- Articulate audit findings appropriate for audience. Prepare written audit reports as needed summarizing audit findings and any corrective action necessary to mitigate risk
- Conduct ad hoc coding and billing audits as requested
- Educate and audit offshore coders and auditors as well as audit and educate new coders
- Stay abreast of relevant LCDs, NCDs, billing and coding guidelines concerning the current areas of audit focus
- Research, develop and present education programs to physicians, coders and management as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in related concentration such as Health Information Management or Health Information Technology or equivalent experience
- RHIA or RHIT, CCS
- 5+ years coding experience
- 3+ years of audit experience
- Proficient in application of acute hospital coding guidelines, policies, processes and practices
- Must maintain active coding credential by obtaining qualifying CEU’s as needed
- Extensive, current knowledge of acute hospital coding rules, official coding guidelines and policies regarding ICD - 10 - CM / PCS, MS - DRG, and APR - DRG
- Exceptional technical skills in most software applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Highly experienced and comfortable in most Electronic Medical Records and encoder / grouper products
- Comfortable and very experienced in leading remote education and training sessions to a group or individuals while using WebEx and other similar applications
- Experience with computer assisted coding (CAC) products
To Become A Member: Please visit mommyjobsonline.com and click on Join Now and select the Medical Coding WAH Job Bank Registry to become a lifetime member to get connected with this client. Please email us your resume after you register with your qualifications and work history.
Please reference agent id code MJOLINGE on your registration submission.
Mommy Jobs Online is accepting pre-screening interviews, so please call 1-405-418-6160 and ask for Kimberly.
Jobseeker Live Chat - https://tawk.to/chat/5bd13d86476c2f239ff5dd42/default
Experience with computer assisted coding (CAC) products, Proficient in application of acute hospital coding guidelines, policies, processes and practices