Mommy Jobs Online (www.mommyjobsonline.com) is now seeking the best remote DRG Validators to work from home.
- Perform remote review of selected inpatient discharges from Client’s editing program for DRG validation purposes utilizing Client’s encoder software, clinical information system, and abstracting system
- Perform a comprehensive review of the inpatient discharges to confirm:
- Correct principal diagnosis selection and to check if co-existing diagnoses exist during the time of the admission
- Appropriate secondary diagnoses including, but not limited to, complications, co-morbidities, and major CC’s
- Correct procedure code(s) selection
- Proper sequencing
- Accuracy of Hospital-Acquired Condition (HAC) code
- The severity of Illness (SOI) and Risk of Mortality (ROM) classification validation
- Present On Admission (POA) indicator
- Correct discharge status
- Potential for conditions relative to Patient Safety Indicators (PSI)
- Perform the review based on AHA Coding Clinic for ICD-10-CM guidelines, CMS ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, and Uniform Hospital Discharge Data Set definitions
- Assess if the clinical documentation supports the diagnoses and procedure codes reported
- Enter coding changes found into the internal database tracking system
- Release all change discharges in Client’s abstracting system and/or DRG editing system
- Display a positive attitude within the organization in support of the organization’s programs and mission
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team to facilitate goals and objectives
- Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS or CPC credential required
- 3 – 5 years’ of inpatient coding and DRG validation experience in an acute care setting
Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of AHA coding guidelines and ICD-10-CM/PCS coding system
- Knowledge of MS-DRG and NYS-APR grouper logic, and CMS regulations is required
- Strong analytical and communication skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- PC proficient, having a functional knowledge of facility EMR, encoder, and other support software
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive; commensurate with experience
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Pay: $18.00 - $35.00 per hour
To Become A Member:
Please visit www.mommyjobsonline.com and click on Join Now. You will need select the Medical Coding Remote Job Bank Registry to become a lifetime member to get connected with this client to begin their hiring process. Please email us your resume after you register with your qualifications and work history.
Please reference agent id code MJOLAmyR on your registration submission.
Mommy Jobs Online is accepting pre-screening interviews, so please call 1-405-418-6160 and ask for Kimberly.
Jobseeker Live Chat - https://tawk.to/chat/5bd13d86476c2f239ff5dd42/default
Please see the description in the above information.