Mommy Jobs Online has exciting employment opportunities for remote HIM Coding Specialists on our Outsource Coding Team.
This position is with Mommy Jobs Online, so please visit mommyjobsonline.com to apply and get registered on our site directly!
The HIM Coding Specialist will handle medical coding and data entry / abstraction for various types of Hospital visits (Inpatient, Outpatient, Ambulatory, Surgery, Emergency and Special Procedures). Below is a summary of duties and responsibilities.
- Correctly assign ICD-9-CM primary and secondary diagnoses and procedure codes based upon documentation in the medical record
- Correctly assign modifiers to charge master items and coder assigned CPT codes, as appropriate
- Correctly assign CPT codes to outpatient procedures consistent with client contract and documentation in the medical record
- Correctly assign E&M levels on ER facility and professional fees
- Create compliant physician queries
- Correctly and compliantly review claims for medical necessity
- Update problem list consistent with client contract
- Correctly assign present on admission indicators
- Correctly and compliantly select DRG
- Provide excellent customer service
(Must have at least one of these credentials)
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) with AHIMA
- Coding Specialist Professional (CCA-P) (AHIMA) or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) (AAPC)
- Certificated Coding Specialist – CCS – AHIMA
Minimum 3 years Health Information Management coding experience in an acute care setting required. Must have working knowledge of clinical data bases, data reporting requirements, and personal computer applications preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Compensation: $17 - $30 per hr.
To Become A Member:
Please visit mommyjobsonline.com and click on Join Now. You will need select the Medical Coding WAH Job Bank Registry to become a lifetime member to get connected with this client to begin their hiring process. Please email us your resume after you register with your qualifications and work history.
Please reference agent id code MJOLCarol3250 on your registration submission.
Please feel free to consult with us if you have further job related questions about our company at 1 405-418-6160.